Sunday, November 26, 2017

 November 8th, 2017
 Luke 6:38
“give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.”

“Exhausted yet pursuing” in Judges 8 Gideon was leading an army of 300 men across the Jordan. They were an undefeated group of men and although they were exhausted they continued to press on because it was what the Lord was asking of them.  They knew that God had something instore for them if they obeyed His commands and tried to follow on the path He had set out for them. Yet pursuing, when you put in your all and push yourself that much farther for him God will honour your sacrifices and the yes’ you said when you wanted to say no.  Give all that you are and have for Christ and he will give you back the best gift you could imagine; eternal life in heaven. Even though I may feel pressed down on, suffocated even, I know that there are better things to come. Take today for example, I really was exhausted for no reason, but I still had responsibilities to do and I still needed to show up, so I did, and I didn’t feel any different. I didn’t suddenly out of no where gain an insane super natural amount of energy. But even with out some amazing miracle I ended up continuing in my day and it was hard to press on and it was hard to remember that I am waiting on something that is so much more than this world and momentary gratification.  It’s not about what you want to do or about your feelings but about what God wants for you. I pray that I will be able to hear God’s voice learning to discern what He is saying so that I can better follow where He wants to lead me.

Application: Look for examples in the bible of people who new God’s voice and what exactly they did.


No comments:

Post a Comment