Sunday, December 3, 2017

December 1st, 2017

Luke 6:30
“The good person out of the good treasure of his heart produces good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure produces evil for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.”

People that have their hearts aligned with Jesus and the goodness that he possesses will intern have a reflection of that in their own lives. I didn’t know the true concept of this until coming to Cambodia. I had always heard that if you are snippy or quick to anger was because you were too plugged into the world and not plugged in with God, which I guess in essence is a similar thing. When your relationship with God isn’t right then your relationship with others won’t be either.  The tongue is what will show when you aren’t right with God because even here it says that the mouth speaks from the heart. I know that for me this is true. The way that I speak is a direct line from my relationship with God. When I first got to Cambodia I was drawing back from everyone including God. I would still do my morning devotionals and sort of pursue Him there, but I wasn’t really looking at him in all I did. So naturally my relationship with people was not how it normally is, I was short with people, made sarcastic comments which were really not nice or funny, and I always was on edge with them. I didn’t want to be attacked by anyone, so I would try to attack first in order to not be hurt by the other person. All in all, I was a mess, anyone could see that my heart was not in the right place. Luckily though I have leaders that want the best for me and want me to succeed so the helped me to realize what was actually going on, hence the saying “what you say is a reflection of your heart.” I was hardening my heart so much to others that I didn’t even realize what I was doing. I thank God that this all happened at the beginning of our time here though so that I could get right with God and with my team mates.

Application:

Spend an extra hour talking to God today that you normally wouldn’t have spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment