Sunday, December 31, 2017

December 27th, 2017

Acts 2:37
“Peter’s words pierced their hearts, and they said to him and to the other apostles, ‘Brothers, what should we do?’”

Finally, at this point when Jesus had come and gone their hearts finally began to soften. Until this point of Peter being filled with the spirit those around him had hardened hearts. Nothing entering in and nothing going out. But then suddenly the power of the holy spirit comes in and all their hearts are softened. It pierced straight through their hearts, it didn’t tear through one layer at a time but straight through not needing to take time to sink in or marvel at a later revelation.
Like the people that listened to Peter speak at Pentecost sometimes God speaks and makes himself known in that moment exactly what needs to be known and what he is trying to teach you so that you don’t waste any time. I unfortunately was not like the crowd this past week. My heart was not soft, and the words of God were not being let in. I wasn’t wanting to let God in because it was more work than shutting Him out was.  I have a lot of head knowledge in my life what is hard for me is getting it to go to my heart too. I have a hard time believing the promises of God and what He wants for my life. It is hard for me to believe how much He actually loves me. I make it hard for God’s truths to pierce my heart. Often, I find myself asking “what should I do”, just like the disciples but for a different reason.  For me it is more of a what should I do, tell me God what should I do to love you more, know you more, abide in you more. I know that sounds super works based but still I do ask myself God I just need one thing to cling to, I need new revelations of who you are. This race is hard and tiring please remind me why I am doing this. Remind me why it is all worth it.

Application:

Look for the promises of God found in Genesis.

No comments:

Post a Comment