Tuesday, February 6, 2018

February 1st, 2018

1 Corinthians 16: 14
“and do everything with love.”

Throughout Corinthians Paul always goes back to the concept that love is the most important thing. He says earlier in the book that “three things will last forever - faith, hope and love – and that the greatest of these is love.” Paul really does recognize that love is the most important aspect of life. It was after all the love of God that sent his son down to save us (Jesus). Love was the very reason why were created. God wanted us to love and worship Him in his glory and in return we would love Him. In the old testament the Lord made what looks to us like a lot of rules, but really, they were all put in place to keep the Jews safe.
              I recently read a book called A shepherd looks at Psalm 23. In it the author talks about all the rigorous routines that shepherds must go through to keep his flock in prime shape. Through out the book he continues to compare us, the children of God, to the sheep. How God really is our good shepherd and he is constantly taking care of us. He points us in the direction we should go, keeps us close to himself and protects us the way a shepherd would.

For a long time, I thought that love was the one thing that I was quite good at. I was almost prideful about it. I would think to myself sure they can do this and this, but I am better at loving those around me. The issue is when ever I got to this point I would always be smacked in the face with an evil thought about some one around me. Obviously, I wasn’t as amazing at loving everyone around me like I thought I was. This year has been a time where you are forced to be with people that you normally might not associate with. You can’t just run away and hide from your team or classmates. You are constantly surrounded by people, so you can’t just ignore them. There has been a lot of learning to love certain individuals that I have met, and I am still more often than not really bad at it. But I am really trying to keep this verse do everything with love in my heart so that I don’t get caught up in emotion or blindly agree with what other people are saying 

No comments:

Post a Comment