Wednesday, January 24, 2018

January 24th, 2018

1 Corinthians 1: 8-9

“He will keep you strong to the end so that you will be free from all blame on the day when our Lord Jesus Christ returns. God will do this, for he is faithful to do what he says, and he has invited you into partnership with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord."


Right now, we are in the middle of a week that is draining on our bodies, more times then not I feel as though I want to just go lie down and sleep instead of pursuing God in the word. Last night I came to a point where I was crying out to God begging Him to show himself, telling Him how tired I was of searching and searching and me not seeing Him appear. I prayed “God I don’t even care at this point about seeing your hand but please just show me that you’re there, show me that I am not actually crazy. Remind me of my first love, remind me of how much you love me.” So, after praying all this I ended the prayer with “God at least just comfort me, help me to have peace.” After going to bed I woke up this morning and during my devotion this verse came up, I was already expecting not to hear anything life altering but what I was hit with changed the course of my day. God will be your source of strength and He is faithful to do what He says. You see at this point I was hoping for some answers to questions I had been praying about for a while. And when this verse came up and mentions that he is faithful to do what He says it reminded me of another verse where God encourages us to pray for things that are of Him and to seek him and we will find him. Well I had trying to seek him more than I normally do this week and He had yet to be revealed to me. When reading this I thought yes, it is true, He is faithful especially when we are faithless. I remembered a saying, God has three responses to requests; no, yes, and not yet. A lot of the prayers I have being praying relate to my future and I believe that most of them are not yet answers. He doesn’t think that this is the right time for me to know the answer. With that in mind I am set to pray the Lord’s will be done not my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment