Friday, March 30, 2018


March 21st, 2018

2 Thessalonians 1:4
“Therefore, we ourselves boast about you in the churches of God for your steadfastness and faith in all your persecutions and in the afflictions that you are enduring”

When I read this passage, it was at a time where things seemed hopeless for the churches at home. I had just found out the government was taking away summer internships from companies that did not agree with or sign a checklist of rights that the government had put out. On the list was the belief that abortion should be legal. Of course, the churches of Canada could not agree with that statement therefore funding was taken from churches, day camps and other humanitarian aid networks for summer internships.

This of course would be concerning to anyone of Christian faith, but it especially hit home for me because I know how important those internships are for people who want to grow their leadership skills, and for them to see if ministry in the literal church is the call God has on their life.

When I read this I thought to myself, “would my church at home have people boasting about the steadfastness and faith in any persecution?” even in this trial that I think is so big will I remain faithful to God, will I believe that He is still bigger than what is going on and will I let what is out of my control hinder my ministry? The answers to all these questions should be yes, yes and no. At that moment when I first read this I realized that I had taken a lot of the afflictions as my own. I wasn’t giving these things to God in faith. It was a major wake up call. I should want to have faith that is boasted about, not in a prideful way but in one that pushes you to crave more. Learning from those who are strong in faith around you. So how do you get to that point? How do you become some one who has that kind of faith? 

No comments:

Post a Comment