Friday, March 30, 2018


March 30th, 2018
2 Corinthians 12: 9-10
“But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’… For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”

This being the last of my IBS’ I find it very fitting that these are the verses that I chose to write about.  There are two big themes in these verses that I find are over arching to what I have learned over the course of Ignite and they are two concepts that I really have been thinking about over this last week. They are; that grace is sufficient and enough for me, and that God’s power is made perfect in my weakness. A lot of my life I have tried to be some strong shell of a persona that wouldn’t let people get too close. I hate having to explain why I am upset because a lot of times I feel that I am not understood, as if regardless of how hard I try to explain what is going on in my head I cannot. So, it just becomes easier to not say anything, to not let anyone know what is going on. But that is not what God wants for us, he wants to use our broken testimonies for His glory. He uses people in so many ways that we will never understand, we don’t know the why and I don’t think we will ever get the insight we desire. Yet still he says, “My power is made perfect in your weakness”. If I had read this at the beginning of Ignite is surely would have gone right over my head not meaning anything. Now however, it holds so much more weight, in this weakness it means you must be vulnerable, you must share. There is no avoiding it. I think it is the fact re-entry is so soon that this weighs so heavy on me. I still don’t want to have to share. I don’t want to have to let people in. I just want it to be me and God no one else. Obviously though, that is not what God wants for me. He wouldn’t have created this community and partnership with people if it hadn’t had been what he intended. So, this is my challenge, if His power is made perfect in weakness then shouldn’t I want to be the weakest? If I really love the God I claim to, I should want everyone to hear of Him and see Him. Remember, remain weak in Christ so that His strength will cover you and protect you. Always humble yourself before the Lord and recognize the grace that is brought with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment