Monday, October 30, 2017

October 24th, 2017
Psalm 93:4
“Mightier than the thunders of many waters, mightier than the waves of the sea, the Lord on high is mighty.”
When I first read this verse I thought, that’s all great and dandy but I don’t really know what to right about this. So, then I thought what exactly is the word mightier, so I looked up synonyms and saw that they were words like; vast, huge, expansive, enormous. This stumped me. I was confused because I had always thought that mighty meant strong but really it mean bigger than big. So, the verse is saying, vaster than the thunders of many waters but I thought it was saying stronger and more powerful than the thunders. And Yes, it is true that God is strong and powerful but the verse is saying that He is bigger than the sky which expands over all the earth. He is bigger than the biggest wave in the ocean. His love for us can fill an infinite number of oceans. Our Lord is mighty. We should not down play that or limit Him with our small minds. He is vast, He is bigger than anything we can even imagine. We can’t imagine something that hasn’t been created by God and put on display for us to see. That is why this word is so hard to comprehend, because we physically can’t describe it. It honestly gives me a headache trying to think about it and trying to understand.


Application: Look this week for examples of how God is bigger than the boxes I put him in.

No comments:

Post a Comment