Monday, October 30, 2017

October 17th, 2017
Exodus 33:18
Moses said, ‘please show me your glory.’ (ESV)
I am sitting here in the house in Cambodia praying this with my whole heart. God show me your glory this year. I want to see you in a way that I never have before. I am overcome with this confidence that He will do this. Even if it is just a glimpse of Him I would be satisfied. But I pray that, that glimpse would last in my mind and heart forever. That it wouldn’t fade, that I would have something to cling to. I know that with his glory comes a peace and an awe. I can’t help but feel that it is going to happen soon, not yet, but little by little over these next months he is going to reveal little by little until I will be left with a whole picture of who I think He is. But it won’t stay that way because then He will reveal another piece of himself to me. The truth of it is, is that we will never be able to comprehend God in all His eternity, our human brains are too small and we have too many boxes we put Him into. The most accurate example of God we have is from Jesus but even he is a mystery almost like a puzzle. I can’t even imagine what it would have been like to try and understand God in the time that Moses lived. You would have had a very different kind of faith, for the average person it would have been very hard to view God as a God that wants a relationship. It would have been hard for me to have truly felt like He was there or that He cared.  It is amazing though how so much has changed in the world since then but people are still begging for the same thing. They still want to see God and see his glory. It is not just an experience of God but it is also wanting that knowledge of Him and begging to see Him. Our world is broken and breaking more and more everyday, and it feels like it is harder and harder to see God on some days so I beg that He would show me a glimpse of Him some way or some how. The beauty of it is, He does meet me, He does draw me in and reveal more of Himself.


Application: God show me more of who you are, reveal to me the characteristics of you, and teach me to be more like you. Grow my desire to read your word and teach me how to love you more.

No comments:

Post a Comment