Monday, October 30, 2017

September 28th, 2017
2 Timothy 2:2
“You have heard me teach things that have been confirmed by many reliable witnesses. Now teach these truths to other trustworthy people who will be able to pass them on to others.”

Things that have been confirmed by many reliable sources, this section of the verse should give us comfort in the fact that what was being aid is true and theologically correct. I know that often people just believe what ever they are told if it comes from even just one person they deem as a trustworthy source for the teaching.  But even though Paul was a trust worthy teacher he still mentions that it agreed with other’s testimonies as well not just his own. It gives him more credit and I believe that is very important.
When I read this I originally thought of myself disciplining others, reminding me of the girls that I mentor back home. I thought to myself, how credible am I? Am I able to also cite the information I am telling the girls? The answer is no, I do not do that. I want to challenge them about what it is they should be believing, what they should do to find out what is false teaching and what is truth. I hope that with this realization now I can start looking into where verses are found so that I may start to be a more credible leader for them so that they will know when what I am saying is doctrine and what is just my opinion. Also, so that when they are witnessing to others about God and need to know where something from scripture is found that we were talking about they will be more knowledgeable about the bible.

Application: Memorize a verse that you deem as a keystone in your walk with the Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment