Monday, January 15, 2018

January 5th, 2018
Genesis 37-50
I know that this isn’t a verse, but it is what God has been teaching me over a period of time, it is about the life of Joseph. There is so much packed into this story. But one of the main themes that really stood out to me is that continuously seemingly bad things are happening to Joseph. Starting off with his brothers trading him into slavery then Potiphar’s wife accusing him of something he never did landing him into prison. At the time he would ask God why are you doing this to me? Is this really all you have for my life?
Right now, Ali and I are working a home for patients needing medical care that is supported by the church. We had been working with this boy named Sok Chea, he has a skin disease where he can’t produce enough skin and he becomes injured easily. Right now, though there are four other kids staying at the home which have touched our hearts so deeply. They are most likely going to end up going to an orphanage soon and there is nothing we can do to better their situation. I find myself asking God, “why is this allowed to happen? They are, after all, children. I do believe that you love children, so why is it that they got handed this life of no choice and pain? Is this just something that I am not seeing clearly? Am I just missing the point, the whole picture, like Joseph was? I know that God is good and yes, he does work all things together for your good. Yet even still I question, and I struggle with this fact. How so badly I want to see the whole picture not just the little slice I was given. Don’t their lives amount to more than just kids that heard the gospel through white people and then never saw them again? But then I think about Sok Chea and how because of his condition he and his parents have becoming followers and probably some of his other family members. So, wouldn’t it then be worth it? Would it be worth is for just the one? I am not God after all so who is to say that those kids won’t spread the gospel where ever it is that they may go.

Application:

Pray for those kids every day this week

No comments:

Post a Comment