Monday, January 15, 2018

January 10th, 2018
2 Corinthians 4: 16-17
“That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying our spirits are being renewed every day. For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever!”

              As January had hit I started to feel as if I was okay, yes, I had made it through the holidays without them being too hard. It was all okay and going to be fine, the next three months should be a breeze if Christmas wasn’t too hard. But immediately the feeling hit of not wanting to really be here because I was tired. My mind would often wander to what would I be doing if I was back home? But I would always have concluded no matter where or what I would be doing it wouldn’t be right.  I wouldn’t have been following God’s will for my life. So “that is why we never give up”, because we ought to follow the plan that God has for our life. We need to press forward and press on when our flesh says no. Our bodies really are dying and getting closer to the point of destruction even if our spirits are being renewed daily. Even if we are seeking God and depending on Him our bodies are still going to die, because our bodies are not in their perfected state that God intended for us.
For our fleshly desires right now won’t last, they are like the wind always changing. So, it is important to remember that those desires of things that aren’t of Him that won’t last. The troubles and worries that you may be facing will not last and are small in comparison in this life. But the trials prepare us for the future and shape us to be God fearing women that he intended for us to be. He is bringing us a heavenly glory that will outweigh everything we may be facing now.

Application:

Write down the fears and troubles you are facing right now with God and see the transformation of giving those to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment