Monday, September 25, 2017

September 25th, 2017
Mark 4:10-11
“Later, when Jesus was alone with the twelve disciples and with the others who were gathered around, they asked him what the parable meant. He replied, ‘You are permitted to understand the secret (mystery) of the Kingdom of God. But I use parables for everything I say to outsiders,’”

The disciples already knew the secret of eternal life so they were already knowing what they needed to do in order to be saved and continue in on that path of righteousness. But those who did not know that secret to eternal life was, were tested through the use of parables because those who couldn’t understand but continued to listen to try to gain knowledge would be blessed and they knew that. They knew that Jesus had something special about him and when that happens, when you know some one has wisdom and something different about them you tend to hang around them and follow. How many times have I just been following around with the crowd because I liked the people be not actually cared what they were saying? I went through a stage in life I was about grade 8 &9 when I was just with the people I was with because of my status. I didn’t want to be by myself but I also really didn’t like the things that were talked about in my group of friends. But even still I would hang out with the crowd because that is what you would do. I was the same as those in the parables, when I didn’t understand I would want to leave and not continue to listen I would see it as a waste of time.


No comments:

Post a Comment