Monday, July 31, 2017

Matthew 8: 9-10
I know this because I am under the authority of my superior officers, and I have authority over my soldiers. I only need to say, 'GO' and they go, or 'Come', and they come . And if I say to my slaves, 'Do this,' they do it. When Jesus heard this, he was amazed . Turning to those who were following him, he said, "I tell you the truth, I haven't seen faith like this in all Isreal!


The first thing I noticed in this passage was this; that there is a sort of parrallel between the two, he, in some crazy concept is like Jesus. He has been given authority over people but he still gets his orders from some where. Just like Jesus does with God. Everyone does as he says just as we would with Jesus. The man also has slaves, we could all be seen as slaves to Jesus. Giving up everything to follow him but Jesus still giving us a reward for serving Him humbly, as I can imagine a good "employer" of slaves would.
This man has enough faith to know that Jesus is lord, and he know that he doesn't even need to set hands on those who are injured in order to heal them. The man says, I am unworthy of you coming to my house but even with that in mind, heal my servant. (Not "heal me", but my servant) That is crazy in itself! This man of obvious status, is taking the time to want to heal this servant in which he obviously could have replaced with ease. It is amazing that this man has only heard inklings of the great things that Jesus has done yet believes whole heartedly with nothing to lose. How easy is it for me to trust and have faith in God? More times then not I find it is easier and more comfortable to forget about God and try things for myself. Obviously that doesn't last very long, realizing I need him, I have faith. But I can honestly say that it is not this kind of faith shown, I realize that I wouldn't have the faith to say "don't come into my house, but heal him from here because I know you can." I often find myself thinking is it a miracle or by chance? I want to discredit God and not give Him the glory. Does God even perform miracles anymore? Of course! It is a miracle that I even have my left foot and it is not amputated. Why is it that we as humans want to belittle God subconciously? Is it because the world tells us there are no such things as miracles from God? That science is the only answer? Why should we listen to the ludacris information that is coming from the world?

Application:
Find some one on the property today that has witnessed a miracle in regular life (that wasn't while on a missions trip) and write it in my journal so that this week I can be reminded of God and his constant miracles.

No comments:

Post a Comment