Monday, July 31, 2017

Wisdom

July 28, 2017
Ephesians 5:15-17
So be careful how you live. Don't live like fools, but like those who are wise. make the most of every oppertunity in these evil days. Don't act thoughtlessly but understand what the Lord wants you to do.

We need to learn to become atuned to what it is God wants for our lives. So often I find myself in thought about my future and what it is God wants for me. I trick myself some times and think, "is this God talking to me or just me pretending God is talking to me inorder to get answers of questions that I probably want". These verses really spoke to me because right now I am in a season of my life where I really need to be listening for God's voice and guiding hand I can not even entertain the idea of me being incontrol. I have come to the realization finally that this is so much more than me and doing it on my own strength. But letting go is hard, giving up that control feels nearly impossible but eventually we all get to that place where we are exhausted and can't go on any longer, so we pass the torch. Don't act thoughtlessly. How many times do you go into a room for something and then when you step across the threshold you completely forget what you came for? For myself this is an example of doing something thoughtlessly. We need to have a clear vision and knowledge that we don't have those moments where we forget what it is we came for and what is we we are meant to do.

Application: Before every meal today pray to God that he would reveal some of his wisdom and set me on the path that he wants me to be on.

No comments:

Post a Comment