Monday, July 31, 2017

Wisdom

July 26, 2017
2  Corinthians 1:12
"We can say with confidence and clear conscience that we have lived with a God-given holiness and sincerity in all our dealings. We have depended on God's grace, not on our own human wisdom. That is how we have conducted ourselves before the world, and especially toward you."

ESV: "For our boast is this, the testimony of our conscience, that we behaved in the world with simplicity an godly sincerity, not by earthly wisdom but by the grace of God, and supremely so toward you."


I think that regardless of what you believe in this world, everyone can agree that we want to be genuinely good people. Even if you do not believe in God or follow Him, you recognize the fact that there is a need in this world to do good. So how does one seperate the "good people" from those who are doing works in the Lord's name? Besides the obvious being the lack of relationship with God in their life. There is also a lack of sanctification and with that, holiness. But what does holiness mean? Does it mean to be baptized? To be of Christ and have him dwell in you? Is it to be set apart?
 The literal definition of holiness is the sanctity or purity of something. So based on that description I depicted that to be holy and pure is to be seperate from evil and sin. This is so difficult because our flesh wants us to give in and take the easy route. To be "happy and satisfied". But happiness is temporary and a lie. One that we should not fall for. We should crave the eternal joy that comes with Jesus Christ and his sacrifice.

Can I say today that I live with clear conscience and confidance in God at all times? If I am being honest, no, I can't. It is difficult for me to trust God so freely. I am so used to trying to get things done on my own and only relying on myself or my friends. God was always put second unless I was craving that spiritual high. I want people to think of me as holy and sanctified. I no longer want to just go along with what everyone says. I am asking that God would change me and clean me. That he would not allow me to be seen as anything but complete and clean in him.

Application: Pray every Saturday morning to be sanctified and made holy and new in him. Brooke will keep me accountable in this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment