Monday, July 31, 2017

Wisdom

July 26,2017
James 1:5
If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking for it.

More and more I have been seen God as this amazing Father figure.  You know the kind that tries to do something nice by buying their kid the really ugly but durable clothes? He isn't swayed by the child or by the fashion that is popular, He knows what will last and what won't. But He isn't reluctant to buy them the clothes. He wants the best for them, and he wants them well clothed but he doesn't want to waste his time buying the cheap clothes that will break when times get rough. You see, God is generous. He is willing to give you anything you ask of him in faith. If you ask for any of the fruits and are spending time in the word then you will recieve them. So if you need wisdom, ask! He wants His children to be well equiped, to possess all the gifts that He has instore for us. Why would God get mad at you for asking for gifts that are pleasing to Him?
I believe that it is possible that when you ask for the gifts and he gives them to you, but you do not honour Him with them he will take them away.
God is generous, but He is not a gene. He doesn't owe you anything so it is important to remember that whenever we ask something of God that we do it in humility and not in pride.

For me it is hard to ask God for things because I want to do it all on my own. Sometimes I would view myself as weak if I would get help from others. But since being here I already have had my perspectives change. I now have the mind set that we are on a team and that it is okay to lean on someone else.

Application: My application for today is that I am going to write down a list of things that God has given me since being here into my journal and reflect in thankfulness of all he has done.

No comments:

Post a Comment