Monday, August 14, 2017

August 10th, 2017
Phillipians 4:11
"Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have."

Here Paul reccognizes that fact that he has all he needs, this is because he is already spiritually filled. There is no need for earthly posessions I think that we often forget that. After all, they are not even our own belongings.
We should be content with what we have in a materialistic sense, there shouldn't be a yearning for more in that sense. We should one the other hand be content in where God has placed us for that season for our life. But, with that being said we should always be yearning to be filled with the spirit. If we are truely living out the way that God has called us to live we will be constantly pouring out and needing that fufillment that comes with Him. We should not be content with being lukewarm, that is not the type of contentment God has called us to. There is undoubtedly a contentment that comes with God that is unexplainable. There are people that literally have zero dollars to their names yet they have the ability to be more content then some one who has thousands. But it is also really important to remember that there is a difference between happiness and that of contentment.

I find it ironic that we are talking about contentment in a time of finding out another step in our life. Some may not be content in this moment with where God has called them for their field time. They have it in their heads that they are happy about it but there is this lack of genuine contentment. They may be happy but there is still this boulder in the way that is keeping them from being completely and fully submissive, content in God's plan. I know that I have already been challenged in my contentness with God's plan for me since being here and I know that he will only continue to shape me more and more each day. I am going to need to become even more content with doing things that I don't want to do.

Application:
Today I will focus on verses about contentment during my devo.

No comments:

Post a Comment