Monday, August 28, 2017

August 22nd, 2017
1 Corinthians 9:22
"When I am with those who are weak, I share their weakness, for I want to bring the weak to Christ. Yes, I try to find common ground with everyone, doing everything I can to save some."

Right from the first time I read this I kicked back, weakness, no thank you.  I mean I know that we have to submit and we are weak in Christ, but being weak for other people? I thought to myself, I am not sure I signed up for that. I thought through all things Christ will give me strength, aren't we done with all this humanly weakness? God is constantly calling us to be this tiny creatures that are weak so that we will fully depend on him and his plan.

"I try to find common ground", they are saying that because their view points are so different it is hard to relate to them in a worldly sense so they picked something that everyone can relate to, weakness. That is hard for me to admit, that I am weak. I always hated being the weak one, it never bothered me if others around me were the weak ones but as soon as I started to feel weak it would terrify me on the inside. I hated giving people a foot hold, as I saw it, in my life.
When I was little my Dad used to tickle me all the time, and I mean all the time. He would pop around the corner scaring me before throwing me over his shoulder and bringing me to a couch and would start feverishly tickling me. I would try everything, screaming, hitting him, breaking free, calling my siblings for reforcements, and pulling the "I have to go pee" card. Most times it still not working. Needless to say it made me realize how much I hate weakness and the feelings that accompanied it. I think that this is an accurate representation of weakness in my life. In these times I would not be able to control anything. But even still God doesn't call us to be weak on our own, not only does he offer himself but he also offers up those around us to support us too.

Application: Talk to one of my roomates about my testimony and the struggles that I am going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment