Monday, August 14, 2017

August 11th, 2017
Psalm 17:15
"Because I am righteous, I will see you. When I awake, I will see you face to face and be satisfied."

This verse infers that only those who are righteous will look on to God and actaully see him, so that probes a question for me, am I righteous? Righteousness is of morality, and being free from guilt because you are acting according to the word of God. I can imagine that with this righteousness comes the fleeting feeling of discontentness. So it would be hard to stay righteous because us as humans are always craving more. But we must stay righteous inorder to see God face to face, and isn't that the ultimate goal, to one day see God face to face? If you are looking upon his face he will be able to guide you that much better, you will know when it is him that is guiding you and you will be able to recognize him when things start to get dark.

 There would be a  type of clarity that would come with seeing God face to face, I think it is interesting that it says I will be satisfied, if you were seeing God face to face wouldn't you be past the point of satisfaction? I would think that it would draw out even just a little bit more than satisfaction. Another way of looking at the verse would be, I will see you face to face and be content, to be filled and then become full. When I wake up I will see you and then I will become filled for the day so that I may pour out that love of Jesus on others. When I wake, when I read this I don't think that it means literally when I wake up, I believe that it is a metaphor. When I wake, when you are awoken from the slumber of which is your sin or the life you were living as a luke warm Christian. Then finally, after all the chasing that you did under the sun you will come to a stop and you will be refreshed and satisfied.

Application:
Pray that today I would seek God's face not just his heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment