Monday, August 28, 2017

August 28th, 2017
John 12:26
"Anyone who wants to be my disciple must follow me, because my servants must be where I am. And the Father will honor anyone who serves me."

Jesus wants us to physically follow him, he wants us to pick up our crosses and follow him daily. He doesn't just want a verbal promise. I find that for me there is often a delay when I realize I have to physically go out and do things for God, unless of course it is something that I want to do.

I find that we often skim over the word servant when we read the bible. I think that this is because we like to trick ourselves into thinking that we are some how better than a lowly servant The matter of the fact is that we are actually lesser than a servant on a good day. To be a servant means that you must give up all of your rights inorder to serve your master. You can no longer put yourself first or think about yourself first. You have to be humbled. Since coming here humility and humblness are two very common themes. I often think about how prideful I was before coming here and I didn't even realize it. Since being here I have tried more and more to lay that pride down, even though it is consistantly such a struggle. Why is serving eachother so hard? Is it because we don't want to submit to each other? Or maybe because the concept of "less of us" is too hard to comprehend? Whatever the reason may be there is no question that serving others can be extremely difficult. Even this morning while I was sitting and writing this I witnessed some one waiting to do their responsiblity because the other person wasn't there to help them. It was by no means a difficult task but he wanted everything to be even between the two of them. This stood out to me because I am often some who would like to make things even between two people, if it's not then I go back to pride and think "oh look at me I am such a good person doing all of this."
But God calls us to follow and serve Him, so in that there is the extention of others. If we do however serve others then we serve the Lord and he honors us for that sacrifice.

Application: Today I will serve my team by asking them what I can do to pray for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment