Monday, August 21, 2017

August 17th,2017
Ephesians 6:1
"Children obey your parents because you belong to the Lord, for this is the right thing to do."
Colossians 3:20
"Children always obey your parents, for this pleases the Lord."

The common theme in both these verses is obey your parents. Luckily for me I have always had a really good relationship both my parents and they both love God and are always there to encourage me to press on in my relationship with God. So obeying them wasn't really ever an issue for me. They way I see it is that you were given your parents to help guild you along, they are like a mother bird teaching their baby how to fly on it's own. When it is first born the mother regurgitates food for the baby, in that same way parents try to pass on the knowledge and the fruit that they have eaten and are producing. The role of a parent is one that is terrifying to me. You have to raise your kid and teach not only things like walking, how to brush their teeth, their first language but you also must teach them about the bible and how to pray etc.  But even with all that teaching there is still the chance that your kid will rebel and not want any part of the gospel. Yet you tried your best to inform them all about Christ. God has given you parents to glorify him, He gives us a metaphor through our fathers so we know how he feels about us but a tenfold more. He also gives us a metaphor through our mothers, He is always wanting to pick us up after we fall and dust us off, to give us a comforting hug when we are crying and being a counselor to us when we just need to talk.

But, if your parents aren't walking with the Lord and they are instructing you against Him then you shall not listen to them. If they are sinning against God then you need to close your eyes to that sin. I can't imagine what it would be like to have parents that don't believe in the gospel or God. After meeting so many people that come from so many different corners of the earth and all different situations I have come to a point of realization that what ever I do I need to be a good parent for my child because there is so much hate for those whose parents were not there.

Application:
Write down 5 ways in which I want to be a good parent

No comments:

Post a Comment