Monday, August 14, 2017

August 9, 2017
Hebrews 13:5
"Don't love money; be satisfied with what you have. For God has said, 'I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.' "

This week has been rough for me in the area of contentment. I wish to be at home this summer, getting to see my friends, not having to put the effort in to make new ones that don't seem like their ever going to be as close to me yet. I wish I could do whatever I wanted and not follow the plans layed out for me that make me exhausted. I wish that I could be playing volleyball in the sun with my brother and sisters like I used to. But those days are gone, and I need to move on. God doesn't call us to be comfortable. Oh but that comfort seem so entiscing. It draws me in like a fish on a line, I try to fight and sometimes I get free but other times I can feel it start to draw me in.

God says that he will never fail us or abandoned us. Some times I feel abandoned by God. I feel like I am going into an opaque rushing river. There is a fear that surfaces as I submerge myself into the murky brown water but I am disgusted. I feel like I am going in alone. I know that in my heart that God is always with me, and that he doesn't abandon me, like the verse says but some how I can't help but feel like a stranded like bobbing bouy trying to stay afloat. I feel myself drifting, going with the flow of routine. I try to pathetically fight the current forgetting that I am anchored below the surface. Then I realize that God is there as my anchor. He is anchoring me, even though I feel as if my head is barely above the water sometimes and that he isn't visibly there, he is. My anchor just below the surface.

Application:
Write a list of ten ways that God was evident today, inorder to remind me that I can't always see him but he is there.

No comments:

Post a Comment