Monday, August 21, 2017

August 21st, 2017
Ephesians 5:21
"And futher, submit to one another out of reverence for Christ."
"submitting to one another in the fear of God"

I know that I have often in the past viewed submitting to others as being weak. I know that it is not the case but I can't help but think in my flesh, "I am stronger than this." I never had an issue with authority though, submitting to them wasn't my problem. It is / was submitting to my peers. I have been in leadership my whole life, whether that is in the church, sports teams or school, I am used to being the example and the one that called the shots. I would have to pick up their slack when they were lazy, or just taking the lead because they just weren't wanting to lead or they didn't have the knowledge inorder to do so.

But I have already noticed a difference here. People here are naturally called and gifted towards leading and are generally not lazy, the reason behind that is because we view everything we do as serving unto the Lord. I think that this verse is very important for me to remember because we should submit to each other inorder to follow out God's will. The healthy fear that is of God should be present everytime leadership is gathered and making descisions. For we should fear that we will miss what God wants for us because of our pride and inability to submit to others ideas.

Application:
Today I will pray for the ability to submit within myself and my team.

No comments:

Post a Comment