Monday, August 7, 2017

August 4th, 2017
Hebrews 6:12
"Then you will not become spiritually dull and indifferent. Instead you will follow the example of those who are going to inherite God's promises because of their faith and endurance."

Sometimes I feel like we numb ourselves to God. We only get a tingle of a feeling when God does something amazing and the rest of the time He is void and our excitment for Him is static.  We become indifferent to Him and everything He is doing in our lives. We trick ourselves into thinking that God has placed us in a dry season when really, we did that ourselves. Becoming deaf to his voice we chase everything that passes by us. But God calls us to be at a higher place, He says that we need to press on, in verse ten of that chapter it says that God is not unjust, that He will remember how hard you worked. This is encouraging to me because I feel like I don't want to press on anymore. Quite honestly at this point I wish I could just be going to the beach with my friends and laying in the pool just floating around. It is so tempting to look back at my old life and wish that I could still have that right now. But God didn't call me to be comfortable, He called me to the end's of the earth to share His love to those around the world.

Press on he is whispering gently in my ear each morning when I don't feel like getting up to do my morning devos. So I get up, it is hard, but I get up. I think to myself, if I don't go willing to God then He will just chose some one else to go in my place. But, I want to be that person, I want to inherite his glory. So, here I'll stand, continuing to press on. Even if I end up with the slowest time in the race it's okay, it is better than never because atleast I tried my best and made my Father proud.

Application: Go the extra mile. Everywhere you look today try to intensionally seek out oppertunities serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment