Monday, September 11, 2017

August 29th, 2017
Luke 17:7-10
" 'When a servant comes in from plowing or taking care of sheep, does his master say, 'come in and eat with me?' No, he says, 'Prepare my meal, put on your apron, and serve me while I eat. Then you can eat later.' And does the master thank the servant for doing what he was told to do? Of course not. In the same way, when you obey me you should say, 'We are unworthy servants who have simply done our duty.' "

This theme of God not needing us is constant. It's true, He doesn't, but we often try to trick ourselves into thinking that he does. We put too many limitations on Him and expect him to thank us for the work we do. But it shouldn't be so. He was the one who gave us life and gave us oppertunity, we are technically his slaves, and his children. My parents used to always make us do chores around the house and when we'd complain or ask why they would say "Why do you think we had children in the first place?" Now they were always joking but in a sense they were looking at it the God does. He created us so that we could worship him and since we are born after "the fall" we were also put on the earth to serve him by raising up disciples and baptize. We could be here on Earth to just do His dirty work, but it's not true because easily could do it ten times fast and batter. He just wants to employ us in a sense, he doesn't want us to become homeless with no way out. He wants us to have a secure home. He wants to provide for us. I think of the story of Ruth  when I read this. Moab did not in any means have to provide for her or her mother-in-law. But he did, and willingly. He wanted to make sure that his family was safe and that they would be looked after, so he provided her with a job because she was faithful to his family and to the Lord. God rewards those who are faithful to Him. He is asking us right now to serve him and eat later, because the food that we would recieve now will melt incomparision of what is to come.

Application:
Ask God in what way am I sneaking a bite of food? What area in my life do I need to lay down inorder to better follow him.

No comments:

Post a Comment