Monday, September 11, 2017

August 31st, 2017
John 15:15
"I no longer call you slaves, because a master doesn't confide in his slaves. Now you are my friends, since I have told you everything the Father has told me."

Did Jesus see us as his slaves just like God? I never thought about it in that way, Jesus being our master. I feel like Jesus is always painted as some one who your friend, He is the loving one that goes out of his way to be with you. He is the one that covers your shame, a mater wouldn't do that. But I realize, He is after all God. It is hard to remember some times that they are the same person, at least it is for me. I can't seem to wrap my brain around that fact, He is the son of God yet he also is God but He is still human. Our tiny and pathetic minds can't seem to wrap our brains around it so we just give up. Which I admit I do alot when it comes to Christianity and trying to understand God. There is some much that I don't understand. To some extent it is okay, I just reside in the fact that there is a God and he does love me very much and I have peace about it. But there are times where I can't help but think, "this seems so far fetched, what if I am just making all of this up?"  But that doubt fades when I truly think about God and the miracles He has preformed in my life, the feeling that I get when I worship, and the comfort I get when I pray. He is my daily strength. Even so, I hate the fact that I am a slave to something. When I think of a slave it often comes with an evil connotation, like the fact that I have been a slave to so many sins in my life. But the reality is we are slaves, whether we like it or not. We have no say in our lives or our futures but  unlike worldy masters ours has good intentions, He is trying to provide for us, it is not for His own selfish gain but a just gain for the kingdom of heaven.

They always told us in Sunday school that Jesus is our friend, so I guess it was ingrained in me. I mean I saw Him as a king but never my master or ruler in that way. When I first read this I almost felt discouraged because in my flesh I don't want another master watching my work intently. But I missed the point. It is not about how many people are scrutinising my work but how many people are looking out for and over me.

Application:
Ask God to reveal to me in ways in which Jesus is a master over my life and always has been.

No comments:

Post a Comment