Monday, September 18, 2017

September 12th, 2017
Philippians 3:9
"and become one with him. I no longer count on my own righteousness through obeying the law; rather, I become righteous through faith in Christ. For God's way of making us right with himself depends on faith."

The KJV says be found in Him. This gives me an image of some one searching for you or for God but when they find one they should find the other. There should be no distinction between the two. God should dwell in us and us in Him. Recently I found out that one of my friends from work back home passed away. The hardest part is, that I don't know if she was saved. Prior to me leaving she was not walking with Christ, I think that she had at least heard the name of Jesus. The thing is, I used to talk about my faith at work, or I would talk about my morals but I honestly can't remember if I ever talked to her about it. I sincerely hope that in that time she could see me dwelling in God and God in me. I hope that she saw the faith that I had, that I would do something crazy like pay to go across the world in order to serve others. I pray that she didn't see the righteousness I probably had, as just obeying the rules. God I hope that she saw me for you. When some one dies it really gives you a new perspective. It makes you realize that we don't have all the time in the world, that it all could slip away in one second.

I had planned once I got back to minister to her. I had planned to go to coffee with her and share what God had done in my life over this last year especially. She needed more and I could tell, but I didn't jump. I didn't make it a priority to share as openly as I would have liked to. So now with the unknowning I can only pray that she saw Christ through me and God urged her to seek that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment