Monday, September 18, 2017

September 11th, 2017
Philippians 3:8
"Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage , so that I could gain Christ."

Worthless, for a long time I would fluctuate between feeling like I was worth alot or feeling as if I was worth nothing. The thing is though, I am worth nothing, in comparision to the value of knowing Christ. But yet even still He calls us his treasures, yet even still he persues us fervently. He is chasing us yet how often do we discard him? How often do we count what he has to say as garbage? We think we know best. We think that what we are doing is the only way and the right way. Obviously that is not correct. More and more I am being challenged to try and find God's voice, I want to be directed and follow him. I want to discard everything that I have and count it all as worthless but it is hard. It is hard to give up everything the world is telling you to grasp so tightly. The things that you grasp so tightly all your life, just poof, gone. God wants to take control, he wants to lead you in all areas of your life, but because he is a gentleman he won't barge in, he will wait until both your hands are free before grabing hold of them. He is not going to compete with things that are going on around us for our attention. He would win in an instant, but instead he wants us to seek him out.  He craves for us to try and find him. To get to know him.

Application:
Today I will write five things in my life that I need to give up inorder to be closer with Christ during on the mount time.

No comments:

Post a Comment