Monday, September 25, 2017

September 20th, 2017
Mark 1:35
“Before daybreak the next morning, Jesus got up and went out to an isolated place to pray.”
How easy is it for me to step back and spend time with God? If I am being honest, it is extremely difficult. I have a very hard time walking away from people and fun because I don’t want to miss out on what is going on around me. But the reality is that often we do need to step back and just abide in Him. To bring him everything, our worries, joys, just our thoughts in general. It is not like he is asking us to be completely isolated all the time from the rest of the world but he also encourages community. But he is encouraging us that before the sun rises we need to spend some time with our father alone. He is showing us the importance of prayer and how that should affect us in our relationship with God. The very first thing we do, before we get coffee before we eat breakfast we should spend some time with God. He will honour that, he sees when we seek him out of pure motives and he will honour that making us a fresh. It is amazing that this place allows us to get up early and spend time with God before we do anything else in our lives. Since being here my love for mornings has increased by a tenfold. I love them, I always hope to see a pretty sunrise, because most of the time I am up before it rises. I really feel that I am starting my day off well when I get that time of prayer right off the bat with out distractions because no one else is up.


Application: Get up at 5 tomorrow morning in order to spend that extra half an hour praying to God first and foremost before doing anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment