Monday, September 18, 2017

September 15th, 2017
Phillipians 3:13
"No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing. Forgetting the past and looking forward at what lies ahead."

That is something that I am desperately trying to work on. Looking ahead and not looking back. So many times especially in the past I had looked back because I wanted to not make the same mistake twice or I was still kicking myself for what happened. It was hard for me to let go. It was not something that was easy for me, I could forgive everyone around me but I wouldn't forgive myself.  It says forgetting the past, by this I believe that he meant forgetting the shame and condemnation that you were in but not forgetting what God has done for you. Testimonies are powerful and whenever God lifts you out of something he wants you to share that with other people. What would be the point if we forgot all that God did for us? We would go on with our daily lives not being thankful for anything and we would continue to stumble over the same things, like clockwork. He is talking about instead of focusing on the perfection that comes with Christ and that process, focus on the forgiveness He has given you and how he is making you new.

Application: Thank God for all that he has brought me through and the new life I have in him today.

No comments:

Post a Comment