Monday, September 25, 2017

September 19th, 2017
1 Corinthians 9: 24-27
"Don't you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize?  So, run to win. All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize.  So, I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified."

I already feel the difference between Sydney now and the Sydney three months ago. This Sydney is prepared for anything. I am willing to pray for random people at odd times of the day now, I always am asking God to keep my eyes alert to give me eyes to see those who are hurting near me so I am constantly on high alert trying to find some one. My mind is faster and stronger, I am equipping myself to be ready for the field. I can now run easier on lack of sleep. I can wake up before 6:30 easily where as I used to have hard time getting up at 7:30. I can feel myself being refined and transformed. God is equipping me and building up my endurance and strength much like an athlete in real life. I played sports all through high school and I love them, so I know what it is like to be in training season. This is the time where you do sprints after practice that make you want to throw up, when your coaches barely let you get water breaks and when cramps in your stomach are inevitable. Similarly, training is like that, they are equipping you, teaching you the plays, strengthening your mind with teachings, and physically making you serve with a servant’s heart. But we do all this with the mind that we are winning an eternal prize. We know we won't be disqualified if we are doing everything in accordance to the will of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment