Monday, September 18, 2017

September 14th, 2017
Philippians 3:11-12
"So that one way or another I will experience the resurection from the dead! I don't mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I already have reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me."

This verse is interesting because I view perfection in a negative connotation. I tried so hard for so long to live in perfection and it didn't work. I was never able to perfect all the the goals I set out for myself. So for this verse to say "I press on to possess that perfection" I can't read anymore of it. I get stuck on the word perfection. Immediately my mind goes to a formula, what can I do to get to the top, what can I do to be the best? Since coming here I have been trying to remember that I don't need to be perfect for God, infact he adores the broken, those are the ones who need his help the most. It is God who makes me complete which that in itself is perfect.  The verse also touches on not being able to or already having reached perfection, which is something that I know in my head is true but it is very hard for me to believe that with my heart. Even now when I am walking firmly with Christ and in His promises I still think, "that wasn't good enough, you are unworthy, when will I even ever be close to something that is of value?" and the list goes on. It is true what they say about us being our own worst critics.

The verse also talks about experiencing the resurrection, I have experienced a form of this resurrection. In fact all Christians that are following Christ have. We are constantly walking in his forgiveness and with that we reccognize the importance of putting to death our flesh and our sin so that he may fill us and ressurect us.

No comments:

Post a Comment