Monday, September 25, 2017

September 22nd, 2017
1 Peter 4:7
“The end of the world is coming soon. Therefore, be earnest and disciplined in your prayers.”
I often find myself living for tomorrow. Thinking as if I have plenty other days. When really we should treat each day as if it is our last. A reminder of this for me is when one of my friends past away suddenly from a heart attack. She was only nineteen but she had heart issues for a long time. But no one thought she would die. I didn’t leave Langley thinking that she wouldn’t be there when I got back. It is a hard concept for me to grasp that she is gone, I have been living the future so much that it didn’t even cross my mind that some one I know might be gone by the time I get back. We need to be intentional in our relationships. And that also goes for our relationship with God. We should talk to Him as if it is our last time talking to Him. There should be an urgency behind every conversation with God there should be a pressing issue of the fact that that might be the last time you talk to God on earth. We should be open to Him about how we are feeling because there is no time to beat around the bush and avoid confrontation. Be straight up and don’t waste time on petty things.

Application:

Pray and tell God exactly what is on your mind, don’t just dance around the subject. 

No comments:

Post a Comment